Canadian Spousal Sponsorship
What is a Canadian spousal sponsorship？
The Canadian spousal sponsorship is the bring about bring the spouse or common-law partner, the dependent children together in Canada.
Who is qualified to sponsor the spouse, common-law partner or dependent children?
- At least 18 years old
- A Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident,
- Permanent residents living in Canada
- Not receiving social assistance, other than help with disability
- Able to financially provide for the needs of the person sponsored
- In a married, common-law or conjugal relationship
Note: There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own.