British Columbia’s growing economy requires skilled and experienced workers. The Skilled Worker category is a way for workers in professional, managerial, technical, mechanic or other skilled occupations to gain permanent residence in BC.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years of full-time (or full-time equivalent) work experience in any technical position, occupation category is NOC 0, A or B, full-time paid technical vocational internship work experience after completion of studies can also be recognized;
- Have accepted a long-term full-time job offer from an employer in British Columbia, the job category must be NOC 0, A or B, be competent for the job, and the salary treatment is in line with the salary standard of the same industry in British Columbia;
- Applicants whose occupation category is NOC B should have a language level of at least CLB 4;
- Demonstrate sufficient funds to support the applicant and his/her family and meet the BC minimum household income requirements;
- If the applicant is currently in Canada, they must have legal status;
- Meet the BC Skilled Immigration Score Invitation Score;
- If you choose the EE BC pathway, you need to meet the application conditions and language requirements of one of the categories of Federal Skilled Workers (FSW), Federal Skilled Workers (FST) or Federal Experience Classes (CEC) under the EE system.