Bridging Open Work Permit

What is bridging open work permit?

The bridging open work permit lets you keep working while you wait for the results of your permanent residence application.

Who can apply the bridging open work permit?

The applicant is eligible for a bridging open work permit if:

  • You applied for permanent residence
  • Your current work permit expires in 4 months or less
  • You have valid status on your work permit
  • You are currently in Canada

You can only qualify if you applied to one of these permanent residence programs:

  • Federal skilled worker program
  • Canadian experience class
  • Federal skilled trades program
  • Provincial nominee program
  • Caring for children class, or
  • Caring for people with high medical needs class
Close Menu