This category is for applicants who have obtained a PhD in Ontario and can apply without a job offer.
- Submit an Ontario EOI and receive an invitation to apply;
- Completion of at least two years of study at a qualified educational institution in Ontario to earn a doctorate;
- Prove that you have lived in Ontario for at least 1 cumulative year in the 2 years prior to submitting your application;
- Meet the financial requirements to settle in Ontario;
- When submitting the application, you must legally reside in Ontario or outside Canada with a study permit, work permit, visit permit, etc., but not in other parts of Canada outside Ontario;
- Applications must be submitted within 2 years of the doctoral degree.