Saskatchewan Nominee Program Documents Checklist

Temporary work permit (required for experience-based immigrants)

Provide a copy of a current valid temporary work permit issued by IRCC

Job offer

Applicants must have a full-time long-term employment letter from an employer in Saskatchewan. The occupation category is NOC 0, A, B or a designated industry in Saskatchewan. The salary and working conditions must meet the Canadian occupational standards.

Employer Letter:

  • To the main applicant;
  • Indicate job title, duties and responsibilities, salary, benefits, and company contact information;
  • Provide the applicant’s place of employment in Saskatchewan (e.g. town/city);
  • printed on company letterhead;
  • printed on company letterhead;

Job Approval Letter (JAL):

  • Employers must be registered on the SINP’s employer website to assess the occupation for which applicants are applying;
  • Once the job position is approved, the employer will receive a Job Approval Letter including the applicant’s title, name and NOC code;
  • The applicant’s application must be submitted together with the SINP’s Job Approval Letter.

Language proof

  • Provide language test scores from designated language testing institutions;
  • Applicants must have a language level of CLB4 or above in English and/or French;
  • The language score must be within two years at the time of submitting the application;
  • Acceptable language tests include IELTS G (at least 4.5 in listening, 3.5 in reading, 4 in writing, and 4 in speaking), CELPIP (at least 4 in each of listening, reading, writing and speaking), French TEF (at least 145 in listening, 145 in reading, and 4 in speaking) 121, write 181, speak 181).

Education/training certificate (if applicable)

To receive education or training credits, the following documents are required:

  • Educational or skills certificate, degree or diploma; if applicable, provide an official copy of the transcript; the above material can reflect the applicant’s school and course of study;
  • Professional designation, professional license and/or professional association membership; and
  • Apprenticeship certification or equivalent (to verify and match the Canadian education system curriculum), which must include details of the program structure, curriculum, length, and management or supervisory authority.

Proof of work experience

For skilled immigrant occupations in short supply and employer offers, proof of at least one year of paid work experience in related occupations in the last ten years is required. Applicants are required to provide work reference letters to prove their work experience.

Experienced immigrants need to provide proof that they have held a valid work permit in Saskatchewan for six months in the same job as the offer for the Saskatchewan employer who made the job offer. Applicants will need to provide a copy of a work reference or pay stub to prove their work experience.

Letters of recommendation required:

  • Issued by the boss or HR department;
  • printed on company letterhead;
  • Indicate the applicant’s job title and working hours;
  • Indicate key job duties/responsibility;
  • If the job is not full-time, indicate the number of hours worked per week;
  • Contact information for the applicant’s supervisor or manager.
  • Regulatory or license (if applicable)
  • If the applicant intends to work in a regulated or certified occupation in Saskatchewan, they must demonstrate that they have passed the occupational certification in Saskatchewan and submit a certification report with the application;

A copy of the pay stub is required for:

  • Indicate the name of the employer;
  • The applicant’s position;
  • Hours worked; and/or
  • work records.

Identity and civil identity documents

  • Birth certificate (listing both parents) of:
  • The main applicant;
  • Spouse or common-law partner (if applicable);
  • Each child, including those not travelling to Canada;
  • If the applicant is married or widowed, provide:
    • marriage certificate, and/or;
    • Death certificate of previous spouse (if applicable);
    • In the case of a common-law partnership, provide:
    • IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union; and
    • Proof of a common-law relationship for at least one year (e.g. a joint account from a bank or financial institution showing a bank, trust, credit union, or charge card; a copy of a joint lease or mortgage document signed by the principal applicant; a copy of proof of common property other than a residence) ; copies of bills or receipts issued to both primary and secondary applicants; copies of life insurance in which the other is the beneficiary; etc.);
  • If the applicant is in a divorced state, provide:
    • supporting documentation of child custody (if applicable);
  • Adoption documents of the adopted child (if applicable);
  • Adoption documents of the adopted child (if applicable);
  • If you have minor children, whether accompanying or not, you must provide:
    • A letter from the other parent stating that the principal applicant intends to immigrate to Canada, with no unresolved child custody or child support issues;
    • Prove that the applicant has custody of the minor children and that the immigration of the children is lawful (if applicable);
  • If you have minor children not accompanying you, you must provide:
    • the child’s name, age and contact details (mailing and email addresses, telephone numbers);
    • Detailed reasons for each child’s absence, and supporting documents (eg legal separation).


During the immigration process, the passports of the main applicant, spouse or common-law partner, and accompanying children must remain valid, and a copy of the passport must be provided to indicate the passport number, date of issuance, validity period, passport photo, name and place of birth; if the applicant currently lives in In a country different from nationality, a copy of the visa of the current country of residence is required.

No criminal record (if applicable)

If the applicant or any dependents over the age of 18 have ever committed or been convicted of a crime, a police report in the country or the country where the crime was committed and the country of current residence must be issued. Evidence of rehabilitation is required in addition to the police report.

    Request Free Consultation